Belly to Baby Options
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. -Rajneesh
Birth Roots Doula Package- $800
- 1-2 Prenatal visits in your home.
- 24 hour on-call support and availibility from 38 weeks until delivery.
- Continuous support throughout your whole labor and birth.
- 1-2 Postpartum visits occuring at hospital and/or your home.
Lactation Assistance- $50 per visit
This is for one visit in your home up to 3 hours
- Help with baby's latch and/or positioning
- Addressing any breastfeeding concerns such as pain, supplementation, pumping, routines, etc.
- Ensuring good technique for baby and mom
- Checking for good weight gain and diaper counts
- Discussion about breast-feeding goals and making a plan for them
- Trouble-shooting any pumping issues, or making a plan for mom's return to work or school, etc.
Welcome Home Mom and Baby Visit- $150
Your doula will meet you at your home within 1-3 hours after your discharge from the hospital to assist you in getting comfortable with your new baby. This visit may last up to 4 hours and is tailored to your needs. It may include items such as:
- Putting new linens on your bed
- Preparing baby's sleeping and/or changing area
- Assisting with baby so mom can take a shower
- Unpacking hospital bags, laundry, etc.
- Preparing a meal
- Anything to help mom and baby get comfortable and settle in together
Pregnancy, Birth, and Lactation Services
So your baby is FINALLY here! Now what??
Care for mom and baby (and the whole family!) shouldn't just end after the birth of your new little one. Whether it's your first baby or fifth, changes and adjustments are sure to continue for quite some time. A postpartum doula can help bridge this period for you in a variety of different ways. Such as helping with any feeding difficulties, meal preparing, light housework, baby snuggles to give you a break or provide some much needed rest for mom, helping to set-up mom/baby stations throughout your house, easing the transition for siblings, or an extra set of hands when your partner goes back to work. These visits are tailored to suit your individual needs and are available for as little or as much as you need. Each package includes one initial prenatal visit to discuss what you see your needs being for the postpartum period as well as getting to know you, your family, as well as your home. Each visit usually lasts 2-3 hours.